The Annual General Meeting of CFFN
Doors Open: 2:00PM
Program: 3:00PM – 8:30PM
Doors Close: 9:00PM
1101 Baxter Road
Ottawa, Ontario, K2C 3M4, Canada
About the Venue | Google Map
It is with great pleasure that the Canada Foundation for Nepal (CFFN) invites you to its fifth Annual General Meeting (AGM) scheduled on Saturday May 08, 2010 from 3:00 to 8:30 pm.
CFFN has spent the better part of the last year undergoing many changes, including its organization, mandate, focus, and initiatives in which it is involved. With its new direction, CFFN is prepared to use the momentum it has created since its inception to spread the light of knowledge to the margins of society.
Featured as a special guest speaker in this year’s AGM is an award winning Nepalese woman, Bishnu Maya Pariyar, who has dedicated her life to upliftment of rural women and children of Nepal, especially those from disadvantaged and marginalized communities. She is the founder of Empower Dalit Women of Nepal (EDWON), a US based charitable organization that has become a success story among organizations and individuals who aspire to be social entrepreneurs.
The meeting is open to all those who have an interest in CFFN activities. However, according to CFFN by-laws, only those who have renewed or have taken the new membership can vote on issues regarding CFFN. Memberships are due for renewal on May 08, 2010 irrespective of the pre-existing membership issue date. The annual membership rates are $35 for a family, and $25 for an individual. At your convenience please, fill up the attached membership renewal form and present it at the venue with your payment.
For those of you who would not be able to be in attendance, you could still participate in the process fully through a Skype conference call. Please contact Pramod Dhakal at 1-613-596-6692 (land line) or Govinda Dahal at 613-829-2820 for details.
The agenda is included herewith. Please have a look and submit any other agenda you would like to include for the AGM or inquiries you have by Sunday, May 02, 2010 through email at email@example.com.
For further details and periodic updates of the program, please keep visiting our website at www.cffn.ca.
- 2:00-3:00: Arrival, membership renewal, refreshments and informal discussions
- 3:00-3:05: Welcome – Ben Wood
- 3:05-3:07: Approval of Agenda – All
- 3:08-3:15: Annual Report and Future Programs – Pramod Dhakal
- 3:15-3:20: Financial Report – Pradeep Raj Sharma
- 3:20-3:25: Auditor’s Report – Pradeep Raj Sharma
- 3:25-3:30: Questions, Answers, Motions and Resolutions
- 3:30-3:50: Open University of Nepal – Introduction and Progress – Pramod Dhakal
- 3:50-4:10: Community ChildCare Centre – Development Update – Michael Casey & Tineke Casey
- 4:10-4:30: CFFN Radio & Online Media – Development Update – Ben Wood
- 4:30-4:50: USHA and Volunteer Exchange: Opportunities for the Future – Geeta Thapa
- 4:50-5:00: Refreshment break
- 5:00-5:10: New Directions in Canada-Nepal Cooperation: A Message from HE Nepalese Ambassador to Canada Dr. Bhoj Raj Ghimire
- 5:10-5:40: Empowering Women and Children in Rural Nepal by Bishnu Maya Pariyar, Founder, EDWON
- 5:40-5:50: Question & Answer
- 5:50-6:00: Honouring youth contributors – Pramod Dhakal
- 6:00-6:05: Youth Volunteer of the Year announcement, CFFN Leadership Award – Ben Wood & Govinda Dahal
- 6:05-6:25: Book launches
- 6:25-6:35: Question & Answer, Open-floor discussions on past, present, and future – All
- 6:35-6:40: Thank you Note & Newsletter Release – Govinda Dahal
- 6:40-8:30: Informal discussions, meal, wrap-up and cleaning