Dear Supporters of Open University of Nepal (OUN) Initiative:
Some notable progress have been made since our update of August 1, 2011. The highlights of this period are given here.
- August 15, 2011: Jiwan Giri and his organization donated a modern document digitization machine to OUNI. The machine has been already brought to Nepal and operating know-how has been transferred to Nepali technicians. A model to generate funds for OUNI with the services that can be offered to other institutions have been developed.
- August 15, 2011: Dr. Lawa Deo Awasthi beceme the new Joint-Secretary of the Ministery of Education and therefore the new member of the OUNI Steering Committee.
- August 26, 2011: Athabasca University donated 20 laptops for the pilot academic program of the Open University of Nepal Initiative. The laptops were handed over to NRN-Canada President Dr. Binod KC and NECASE President Moha Nath Acharya by the Director of Distance Education of Athabasca University Dr. Mohamed Ally in Edmonton, Canada in a public program.
- September 15, 2011: NRNA delegation including President Dev Man Hirachan, Patron Bhim Udas, Executive Director Rajesh Rana and OUNSC Member-Secretary presented a case for OUNI to Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Finister Hon. Narayan Kaji Shrestha.
- September 15, 2011: Member Secretary Pramod Dhakal handed over the concept paper of the OUNI to the Prime Minister of Nepal Dr. Baburam Bhattarai, who was also extended with was an invitation to OUN Stekeholder Meeting to be held on October 11, 2011.
- October 11, 2011: OUNSC with kind hosting of Ministry of Education and NRNA is organizing a Open University of Nepal Initiative Stakeholder Meeting at Hotel Soaltee Crown Plaza with the Prime Minister of Nepal Dr. Baburam Bhattarai as the Chief Guest, the president of ICDE Dr. Frits Pannekoek as Keynote Speaker.